Skip to main content

Friendships

I used to be someone with literally hundreds of friends. In school, I was a very popular kid, and I had friends—best friends—with both girls and guys. I was a tomboy, so I felt comfortable with both of the genders that existed back then. When I moved on to undergraduate college, which was a girls' college, I made several friends, not only in my batch but also among seniors and juniors. This was because I was active in social and co-curricular activities, participating in many clubs and events.

When I moved on to my master's and PhD, I found myself in a college that felt larger than life. There was so much to explore, so many departments, countless hostels, and an abundance of activities to take part in. As a result, I ended up with hundreds of friends across disciplines and years.

However, as I reached the pre-final year of my PhD, my circle of friends began to diminish. Now, I literally have only two people whom I call my best friends and only friends. Not that I don't care about other friendships that went missing on the way, but I do want to mention a friendship that is worth the mention in my life.

We'd named our group "MAGN," deriving each letter from the first letter of our names. Why am I writing about this today? Because I got rid of the last and only remaining member of that group after losing touch with the first two some 2 years ago. Why? We simply grew apart. Time and distance can take things away from you. We tried—I’m sure we tried. But time and distance bring confusion, miscommunications, and misjudgments..

I don’t want to go into the details of what happened or why. I know they don't know about my blog here so probably they are never gonna read this but I just want to say that I hold nothing but love in my heart for them. The time we shared was wonderful, and I hope they enjoyed my company as well. But sometimes, moving on is the only solution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Naps

Well, I never knew what napping is. Since I came into existence in this world, I never napped. I never slept after school when other kids used to sleep, or maybe were forced to sleep by their mothers. I was always the hyperactive type who would rather do something during that time. Instead, I have always, always slept for 8 hours. This is like my standard. I would wake up right when my circadian clock hits the eight-hour mark, and I can't stop appreciating this magical human body. even now, whenever I'm working from home, I prefer not to use an alarm clock because I know if I sleep at 11, I would be awake by 7 no matter what. This gives me a very pleasant start to the mornings as I believe waking up with an alarm clock puts stress on your body, albeit not visibly.  Just my theory! Okay, coming back to napping. I used to always wonder how do people nap? What is it actually? Do you sleep for those 15-30 minutes? Or do you just close your eyes and relax? How do you feel before and
  <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xJuj520tH1e9rEGhNG" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/algae-fish-feed-geetanjali-yadav-algal-biorefinery-xJuj520tH1e9rEGhNG">via GIPHY</a></p>